cubus engineering

Folk Museum, Andritsaina

Folk Museum, Andritsaina

The Project

Andritsaina is located on the border of the prefectures of Ilia and Arcadia, in the Peloponnese, near the famous temple of Epicurean Apollo, a work of Phidias, who designed it after the Parthenon.


The Folklore Museum is housed in a traditional building, bequest of Galini Kanellopoulou in the city’s municipality.


The building was renovated in 1987 at her own expense.


The building was built in the early 19th century from stone masonry, was in excellent condition and served as a family home.

It consisted of a basement – boxed to the ground on both sides – a ground floor and a floor.


The basement, which served as a storage room, had two stone vaults, extending throughout the depth of the building.


The basement vaults had begun to get disorganized, mainly on their coronation, due to “differential settlements”.


A strengthening with reinforced shotcrete was required, as well as the strengthening of the foundations, in order to remove the causes of the ground “settlements”.


For the same reason, it was decided to finally settle the groundwater under the house, which originated from Mount Lycaion, then passed under the building and flowed at the famous “Trani Vrisi” of Andritsaina.


The ground floor showed no damage, despite the seismic prone location.


The first floor was also strengthened from the inside, with shotcrete and in addition a peripheral reinforced concrete “frieze” was built at the top of the building, where the visible – from the interior – wooden roof was securely supported.


The building is in excellent condition today, operates as a museum and hosts all the folklore exhibits in the area.

Location
Andritsaina

Date
1987

Owner

Municipality of Andritsaina, Donation G. Kanellopoulou

Architect

Contractor
TAF-SIGMA

Our Scope of Works
Preliminary, Final Design, Construction Design, Site Supervision

PDF Keywords - Related Projects:

Characteristic images

Project location

Share this project

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Similar projects

Listed Building, Emm. Mpenaki, Athens

A heritage-listed building in the center of Athens, consisting of basement, ground floor, 1st and 2nd floor and an attic, is being renovated and converted into a shop and 4 apartments on the floors.

Listed Building, Eressou, Athens

Neo-Classical listed building of the 1930s in Exarchia, in the center of Athens, with walls of stone masonry. It consists of a basement, a ground floor and a first floor and is to be completely rebuilt in relation to the supporting structure and E-M installations and used as a family residence.

Listed Building, Aeolou, Athens

Two neo-classical, heritage-listed buildings of the 1920s and 1930s, located in the center of Athens, on a busy shopping street in Aiolou Street, will be renovated, connected and internally redesigned to be used as shops and offices

Winery, Zakynthos Isle

An old winery with stone walls on the island of Zakynthos, whose renovation and restoration was demanded in 2006.

Historical Tower, Kalavryta

The historic monument preserved to this day is the 17th-century Petmeza Castle in Kalavryta, which played an important role in the revolutions of 1770 and 1821, referring to historical books as a warrior’s residence and battlefield.

cubus engineering

cubus engineering
7, Themistokli Sofouli Str.

154 51, Neo Psychiko
Athens, Greece

Contact Information
_______________________

Web: https://cubusengineering.gr
Email: cubusengineering@gmail.com
Tel.: 0030 210 6722360, 366, 389
Fax: 0030 210 6722 382